To my delight the white lace vine that was so hard to come by has started it's blooming season. Beautiful white, lace tendrils are gracing the arbor. (I promise to post pictures soon.) The vine is the same specimen that mom and Don had at their home in Southern Shores. I'm very pleased to have finally found one and see it thrive on my back deck! I'm sure mom is happy.
I did spend some time in the yard today....got the whole lawn mowed, did quite a bit of pruning, weeding (I discovered it's much easier to pull weeds after receiving 5 inches of rain the da
y before), and spread a little bit of mulch. (Only about 5 more yards to go!) It seems fitting to have spent so much time in the garden today as I remember dad on his birthday. I still miss him as much as ever. My heart still yearns for one more conversati
on...one more telephone call...one more drive on the parkway...one more trip to the beach...one more hug. At least I felt his presence closer to me while I labored in the dirt.Happy birthday, Dad! You're the BEST.

1 comment:
Miss you so much brother (bubbie). I still have cuttings of the original plant you gave to Mom when she moved into the Maggie Todd Retirement Community. As a matter of fact, I'm in the middle of repotting it now (I'm letting some leaves take root to replant, it gets too big every few years). I've been thinking of you lots because of this and your birthday. And, I've been thinking about how you always liked to tease me, guess that's what big brothers do to little sisters to show their love--maybe it's a "guy" thing!
Love You,
Margy
Post a Comment