Friday, April 25, 2008

My Adventures in Gardening...and Blogging!

A beautiful day to be in the garden...too bad I was at work most of the day. It's spring in Apex and my perennials are coming up nicely. The peonies are starting to show color, the miniature white iris are in bloom, spirea, lilac, lavendar, verbena and viburnum. Finally, after 6 years of working on my beds they are starting to take nice shape. Even one of Katie's friends (a boy no less) who gave her a ride home recently complimented her on "what we've done with our garden". I take that as a HUGE compliment. Hope I get to meet this boy soon!

The veggie garden is in. We'll see what the yield is this year. I was ready to give it up for this year but Kurt saved the day and got out the tiller. I couldn't let all that fresh, rich soil go to waste. So the beans are sowed. The tomato, squash, cucumber and pepper transplants are in the ground.

I'll post pictures soon. Stay tuned!

No comments: